Staff Client Accountant
We are seeking a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, providing a high level of service and welcomes challenges. Responsible for handling the day-to-day accounting tasks for external clients, focusing on their accounts payable and receivables. This role will be client-facing and balance the priorities of multiple client needs, advising clients on their books and meeting deadlines.
Who we are:
Advisors Back Office Solution (ABOS) provides back-office accounting, financial budgeting and planning, payroll and human resources services to a variety of small to mid-size businesses. We handle these day-to-day core activities to allow business to succeed and grow, while providing our expert advice and solutions to the complexities and concerns they face every day. Our clients are located in various states. We are on the hunt for positive people who thrive on hard work and a collaborative team environment.
We celebrate diversity; everyone is welcome here. As an inclusive workplace, our employees feel comfortable to be their authentic self each day. Advisors Back Office Solution is an equal employment opportunity employer.
What we provide:
- Fun culture and a team that values collaboration and high levels of trust
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Continuous personal and professional development opportunities
- Paid time off and holiday time
- Small company feel
- Room to move up. We are growing!
- Open to new ideas. We encourage employees’ feedback for process improvements.
- Recognition for hard work and exemplary performance
- A supportive and engaged management team
Job Essential Responsibilities
- Perform the day-to-day accounts payable processes, including cash management, payment of vendor bills, credit card receipts processing, maintenance of general ledger, vendor records and support with any ad hoc client requests
- Perform day-to-day accounts receivable processes, including contract review, preparation of monthly invoices, maintenance of general ledger, customer records and support with any ad hoc client requests
- Manage positive client and vendor relationships; respond to client inquiries; provide data as needed
- Perform month-end close processes, including bank reconciliations, general ledger auditing and preparing/posting journal entries.
- Identify opportunities and implement programs to centralize, eliminate or automate activities and implement controls to mitigate risk for the client
- Partner with key client personnel to define, establish and implement accounting systems, processes and procedures
- Provide accounting guidance to the client’s business and our cross-functional teams. Identify and address risks related to client business initiatives and devising innovative solutions to complex client financial problems.
- 3+ years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivables
- Understanding of accounting principles and best practices
- Progressively improving and expanding accounting knowledge; practices continuous learning and retaining the material learned
- Aptitude for learning and using accounting software; Quickbooks experience is a bonus
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines
- Highly organized; capacity to prioritize a heavy workload while navigating a variety of competing and ever-changing priorities
- Confident, professional and articulate in written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field is a bonus
- This person will be required to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. Requires face to face discussions with individuals and teams. Must be authorized to work in the United States.